Monday, January 26, 2009

Needing Some Color

Noah and I are living in an apartment for the first time in 7 years, which means that it's the first time in 7 years that I've had only white walls in my house. Even Gabby has been a bit confused and asked, "How come none of the walls are painted?" That question made me smile and made me grateful that for most of my marriage, I've been able to use my living space as a color palate.

For the meantime, and until this economy gets a better footing and we're able to sell our house, I'll have to find other ways of bringing color into these ultra white rooms.

I love the idea of hanging origami butterflies from the ceiling in Gabby's room.

Or putting paper fans made out of colorful paper on the walls like the ones Nie Nie did.


I think tomorrow I shall venture into a craft store, assuming my Columbus has one, and purchase some fun origami paper to experiment with.

P.S.

Today Noah discovered that he prefers flying on the company jet over commercial airlines. Apparently you get more leg room 'n stuff.

2 comments:

  1. SO TOTALLY COOL!!!
    I remember making fabric picture frames for your room. (No kidding.) They added a bit of color. But no question about it--you are COLORFUL and need to let your personality bloom in every aspect of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corporate jets are the only way to go. I'm glad my occasional traveling for work ended before they sold it.

    ReplyDelete