Monday, March 2, 2009

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

I met Noah just over nine years ago, when he looked like this:

My first memory of Noah is him entering his apartment and walking behind the couch I was sitting on. I was frightened, yet strangely attracted to this mysterious man. Okay, in reality I just thought he looked like someone I would never date. And then he asked me to go on a date with him (all his roommates were dating all of my roommates, so it was the logical thing to do). That was December 17th. We spent just about every day together during Christmas break and got married 11 months later after a few hiccups along the way.

Some things you should know about Noah:

  1. He hears his name every where, like when people can't make up their mind and they say, "no...uhh..." or when someone yells "No One come in here."
  2. He can't hold still if he's talking on the phone. He paces back and forth from room to room.
  3. He loves to travel. Did you know that we spent the first six months of our marriage in Xingang, China (the province right above Tibet that borders Afghanistan)?
    This is Peggy, one of our students. In the background you can see the school we lived at.

Noah and I got to spend just about every every waking moment together while we were in China. We wouldn't change that opportunity for anything.

4. Noah is an incredible, interactive father.

One thing I absolutely love about Noah is that when he's home from work, he's home. He plays with the kids or helps me if I need help.

He's the "Cool dad"

6. Noah is the ultimate underdog. Did you know he barely graduated high school? He's now just three classes away from his masters degree (he would have finished it by now, but the move kind of interfered with school). Oh, and he has a 4.0 GPA.

7. Noah can do anything. Remember this house?

Every time I look at the pictures of this house, I'm blown over by how much Noah did while being a full-time student and working as a machinist part time.


8. Noah is no complainer. Unfortunately, I was the primary complainer during the house- building project. I'm sorry Noah.

9. Noah can make me laugh harder than anybody else.

10. Noah is the love of my life. And he's an awfully good kisser. 11. He was born on March 3rd.

Happy birthday Noah.

7 comments:

  1. Noah rocks. You scored big with this one! Of course, he didn't do so bad either. You guys are perfect together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday NOAH!!! You really are one AMAZING guy!! I'm so lucky to have you as a brother! I hope you have a great b-day!

    Kaila, I loved what you said about Noah! You guys are so great together.
    Wasn't your second date a sleep over at my house...........?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah really is an amazing guy. One of the greatest brothers anyone could ever hope for. And you are right...he is always the Underdog that comes out on top.

    LOVE YOU NOAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!
    (And remember, Kaila, it's also Grandma Groberg's birthday.)

    You two are so totally cool. I love having Noah for my son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Mr. Lifferth! I have to say, I had my doubts about Noah from my first conversation with him, in which he heavily defended deforestation. But now I think he is perfect for you, Mrs. Lifferth. He is a great dad and husband, good combo, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog, happy birthday Noah, you two are obviously very lucky to have each other! I'll be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love No-uh! And we miss him. A Lot. You too!

    ReplyDelete