Friday, March 27, 2009

Two Things That Have Made My Marriage Even Better

This book:

Which I blogged about here a while back.

Another thing that has greatly influenced my marriage/ life was reading a talk by Elder James E. Faust kind of by accident (generally I'm not one to rush out reading the latest Ensign issue)

This is the part that really stuck out to me:

Let every mother understand that if she does anything to diminish her children’s father or the father’s image in the eyes of the children, it may injure and do irreparable damage to the self-worth and personal security of the children themselves. How infinitely more productive and satisfying it is for a woman to build up her husband rather than tear him down. You women are so superior to men in so many ways that you demean yourselves by belittling masculinity and manhood.

The whole talk is worth reading.

I've found myself searching for that talk on a few occasions (one being yesterday in preparation for a lesson I gave) so I thought I'd stick its location on my blog so I always know where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment