Noah is in New York for business this week (he left yesterday afternoon), making this day 1 without him.
Here's my check off list:
- get through a morning with next to no sleep, check.
- change 3 BLOW OUTS (Oliver is miraculously able to poo sideways), check.
- Cut Alex's mane (there was a boy under all that hair after all), check.
- Get a call from the school nurse, check.
Background: Gabby fell down and bumped her head (according to Gabby, she "didn't see the sidewalk there"--not exactly sure where she was expecting it to be. . .). I was told she didn't appear to have a concussion and after talking to Gabby, she decided to stay at school, tough little thing. The bump turned out to be pretty minor and now at least Gabby knows that sometimes those sidewalks can jump out at you.
I took the picture right before Gabby went to bed (during hyper hour), so she looks simply ecstatic about the bonk when in fact she was initially not too pleased.
6. Take the kids to see Monsters Vs. Aliens (they loved it) and remember why we don't go to first run movies ($$$$), check.
7. Reward Gabby and Alex for getting enough points on their reward chart to each earn a toy (Gabby picked a lite bright and Alex picked a nerf gun), check.
9. Make plans to use the gun as vegetable eating motivation ("if you eat your vegetables, you'll grow more muscles and be able to shoot your gun") and exchange lite bright for working model tomorrow, check.
10. Listen to Oliver scream as he gets used to sleeping in his crib and hope my neighbor is deaf, check.
11. Collapse from exhaustion, check.