Gabby is having a hard time deciding whether she likes fireflies or fireworks more. "That's a tough one" she said. The morning of the Fourth, I headed into town to the farmers market. I found a little parking lot with a produce stand and, assuming I had found what I was looking for, purchased some delicious looking goods. On my way home, I spotted what looked like a big Fourth of July festival (with canopies and vendors) and ran home to get the kids and husband. To my enormous satisfaction, it ended up being the farmer's market--open every Saturday! Hooray for farmers!
(It was raining slightly, and to avoid getting wet, Alex curled up in a ball and fell asleep.)
I am happy to report that Gabby in now officially a Hoosier, and even has a tat to prove it. The night of the forth brought a "million dollar rain" (words of a farmer) which meant that our community firework show was postponed to last night (the fifth). Sadly, I have no pictures because the batteries in my Nikon died. Here's what I would have captured:
- The jumping house (the kids jumped to their hearts content).
- Alex the bubble boy: Our clubhouse rented giant inflatable balls that the kids got to roll around inside and play "bumper bubbles" with. Alex was in boy heaven with that one.
- Watching the fireworks at our lake surrounded by our friends and some Asians.
- Oliver's fascination with a puppy that was soon turned into fear when he was licked on his face.
- Gabby off hunting fireflies during the firework show (fireflies, I'm happy to report beat out fireworks in the end).
Hope you had a fantastic holiday.